The primary role of a digital marketer is to define, design, build and implement digital campaigns across a variety of online and social media platforms to drive customer acquisition, customer engagement and customer retention. A digital marketer will typically be working as part of a team, in which they will have responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of the overall marketing plan or campaign. The marketer will work to marketing briefs and instructions. They will normally report to a digital marketing manager, a marketing manager or an IT Manager.
Employers are likely to be looking for a proven passion for digital and social media.
Level 2 English and maths will need to be achieved, if not already, prior to taking the end point assessment
Apprentices achieve the following internationally recognised vendor or professional qualification, .
Principle of Coding
Apprentices completing this course develop the skills and abilities to:
- Understands the principles of coding
- Understands and can apply basic marketing principles
- Understands and can apply the customer lifecycle
- Understands the role of customer relationship marketing
- Understands how teams work effectively to deliver digital marketing campaigns and can deliver accordingly
- Understands the main components of Digital and Social Media Strategies
- Understands the principles of all of the following specialist areas: search marketing, search engine optimisation, e mail marketing, web analytics and metrics, mobile apps and Pay-Per-Click and understands how these can work together
- Understands the similarities and differences, including positives and negatives, of all the major digital and social media platforms
- Understands and responds to the business environment and business issues related to digital marketing and customer needs
- Understands and follows digital etiquette
- Understands how digital platforms integrate in to the working environment
- Understands and follows the required security levels necessary to protect data across digital and social media platforms
After successfully competing this programme, apprentices can secure positions such as:
Digital Marketing Assistant, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator, Campaign Executive, Social Media Executive, Content Co-ordinator, Email Marketing Assistant, SEO Executive, Analytics Executive, Digital Marketing Technologist.
How long does it take to complete?
The duration of this apprenticeship is typically 15 months
Typical Job Roles?
- Digital Marketing Assistant,
- Digital Marketing Executive,
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator,
- Campaign Executive,
- Social Media Executive,
- Content Co-ordinator,
- Email Marketing Assistant,
- SEO Executive,
- Analytics Executive,
- Digital Marketing Technologist.
Is it certified?
Apprentices completing this programme are recognised for entry on to the Register of IT Technicians and those completing their apprenticeships are eligible to apply for registration.
Completion of the apprenticeship would also allow access to join as an Affiliate (Professional) member of the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) and/or Associate membership of BCS.
Do I get any additional Vendor Qualifications?
In addition, apprentices will gain some valuable independent vendor qualifications such as:
- Dot Native
- Principles of Coding